Thanksgiving is over, and the winter holidays are right around the corner, so December tends to give busy attorneys a well-deserved rest - and plenty of time to finish CLE requirements before the New Year!
Catch up on your credits with some of these great upcoming webcasts. Can’t make a live webcast? That’s okay - all of our courses go on demand within 48 hours after airing.
- Beyond the Smoke and Mirrors of Cannabis Insurance: What Policyholders Need to Know. All businesses need insurance policies, but most aren’t insuring a product that remains illegal at the federal level. Learn about the policies that may be available to legal marijuana businesses, including recent developments in the case law and practical advice for negotiating with insurers. Airing December 8th at 10:00 am EDT.
- Intersectionality in New Media for the Business & Entertainment Attorney. New media formats create new opportunities for businesses, but using them effectively poses new challenges as well. Identify the potentials and pitfalls in different kinds of new media strategies and learn best practices for advising clients working in this space. Airing December 8th at 1:00 pm EDT.
- Immigration Relief Under the U.N. Convention Against Torture. The UN Convention Against Torture is one of the few international human rights protections enshrined in US law. Learn about the history of the Convention, the difference between this and asylum, and how to file individual claims. Airing December 11th at 10:00 am EDT.
- Legal Issues Surrounding Central American Refugees in the United States. Sometimes called the “Other Refugee Crisis,” the influx of immigrants from Central America - often women and children - has continued in spite of the current political landscape. Learn about the history of the crisis, the legal issues surrounding detainees from Central America, and how you can help. Airing December 11th at 11:30 am EDT.
- Hot Topics in Tax Law Reform 2017. Tax reform is always a hot topic, especially at the beginning of a new administration. Learn about the current status of taxation on property, gifts, and estate transfers, as well as predictions for trends in the upcoming year. Airing December 15th at 11:30 am EDT.