It’s July – the season of fireworks, barbecue, and beaches. Well, here at Lawline, we’re also turning up the heat! Below are just a few exciting highlights from our upcoming July webcasts.
Out of town and can’t make a live webcast? No worries – all of our courses go on demand within 48 hours after airing.
- Government Contracting: From Formation Through Bid Protest. Learn about the the federal procurement system, including applicable statutes and regulations. Topics to be covered include entering into and performing a government contract, bid protests, and more. Airing July 10 at 10 am EDT.
- Recent Developments in Electronically Stored Information. With the constant evolution of technology, it’s critical that attorneys keep up to date on how to handle electronically stored information (ESI). Catch up on the latest ESI developments and learn practical tips for managing ESI and overcoming related challenges. Airing July 12 at 2:30 pm EDT.
- Franchise Law Essentials. Franchise businesses represent a large portion of the U.S. economy and account for more than half of all U.S. retail sales, in addition to a growing number of jobs in the American workforce. Given the increasing presence of franchises, every attorney would benefit from knowing the fundamentals of franchise law. Learn how to identify when a commercial relationship is really a franchise and how to effectively represent a franchisee. Airing July 13 at 4 pm EDT.
- Making Federal Lands Great Again: Issues and Trends for Energy Development. The Trump Administration made waves recently when it decided to withdraw from the Paris Climate Change Agreement. No matter what side of the aisle you fall on, you probably have questions about how the Administration’s actions might affect our nation’s energy development. Join us for a discussion on the role of climate change, and a review of current opportunities and challenges for energy development under the new Administration. Airing July 17 at 10 am EDT.
- Best Practices in Jury Selection. Every litigator knows the importance of jury selection. No matter how strong your case may be, it’s doomed if you have an unsympathetic jury. Learn how to select a jury that is best suited for your case, including understanding principles of juror psychology, voir dire tips, and how to identify and eliminate bias in the jury pool. Airing July 19 at 11:30 am EDT.