Lawline truly blooms this June with an array of new CLE courses. There’s a second installment of a wildly popular program on combating school and online bullies, as well as a cutting-edge overview of new developments in cybersecurity in the energy sector. To close out the month, check out the hot new program on employment and labor law issues in the entertainment industry.
Check out these highlights for the month. Can’t make a webcast date? All our courses go on demand within 48 hours.
- Zero-tolerance or Zero-enforcement? A Guide to Taking on Bullies in School or Online Part II. Put those bullies in their place with Part II of this important set of programs. Explore the current landscape of childhood bullying, including the role of educational institutions and social media platforms in both combating and enabling harassing behavior. Check out Part I on demand before this one airs! Airing June 4 at 1:00 p.m. (EST)
- Cutting Edge Retaliation and Whistleblowing Claims and Defenses. Dive into cutting edge retaliation and whistleblowing issues, such as what constitutes “protected activity” by managers or HR personnel, what employer conduct negates an inference of causation, and what constitutes unreasonable - and thus, unprotected - opposition. Learn about brand-new Dodd Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley issues as well in this timely new program. Airing June 7 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- Cybersecurity & The Energy Sector: Managing Escalating Risks. Curious where cybersecurity and the energy industry meet? There has been a continued rise in attempted attacks on energy infrastructure using malicious software and other cyber weapons. Recent examples include the May 2017 WannaCry cyberattack, the June 2017 attack by Petya, and “NotPetya” in January 2018. Understand and navigate the risks and legal responsibilities associated with identifying and protecting against these cyber threats. Airing June 7 at 3:00 p.m. (EST)
- Service Levels in Outsourcing and Managed Services Agreements (Update). Software as a Service (SaaS) is an increasingly prevalent class of technology transaction. This program defines the most important elements in any SaaS agreement - from both sides of the table. Whether an attorney represents a vendor or customer of a SaaS solution, an in-depth understanding of the priorities of all parties involved is essential towards negotiating a mutually beneficial SaaS agreement. Airing June 21 at 3:00 p.m. (EST)
- Media Work: Employment and Labor Issues in Media and Entertainment. Media and entertainment businesses have a unique set of opportunities and challenges when it comes to staffing, labor, and talent engagement, all of which have become increasingly complex in the changing economy. Learn how to successfully navigate all of the industry’s nuances in this exciting new program. Airing June 26 at 11:30 a.m. (EST)