It’s summer, summer, summertime! Many of you are (hopefully!) taking some time to sit back and unwind. If you’re hoping to catch up on some required viewing, don’t worry - Lawline is still in session. Our July lineup is bringing the heat with an in-depth curriculum covering the ins and outs of government contracting. With topics ranging from drafting federal government subcontracts to managing government audits, these programs cover the range of skills that this unique practice area requires.
- An Introduction to Government Contracting. In this hour-long program, discover what makes federal contracts so unique. Beyond understanding fundamental contract principles, government contracting requires an in-depth knowledge of applicable federal statutes and regulations, and special contract provisions. Develop strategies to successfully handle the particularities you’re most likely to encounter, such as bid protests, the contractor code of ethics, and procurement integrity. Airing July 16 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- Federal, State, and Local Bid Protests: The Forums, Rules, and Remedies. Government procurement and acquisition is the process that government agencies use to enter into contracts for goods and services. The acquisition process is highly competitive, and often draws multiple contract bidders. Check out this overview of the various regulations that govern the federal, state, and local bid processes and learn how to successfully argue bid protests. Airing July 16 at 11:30 a.m. (EST)
- Under a Microscope: Government Contractors, Audits, and Various Investigations. The government has unique authority to audit and investigate companies that it contracts with. Examine the various provisions that regulate the government’s investigative authority, and how to successfully comply with their requests for audit. Moreover, learn how to effectively mitigate risk moving forward and avoid future investigations. Airing July 17 at 11:30 a.m. (EST)
- Critical Considerations When Drafting and Negotiating Federal Government Subcontracts. Negotiating subcontracts can be tricky, particularly in the world of federal government contracting. Learn the key concepts to consider when drafting subcontracts, including pass-through claims and payment clauses. Plus, discuss how to avoid the most comment common prime vs. subcontractor contract disputes and how to address them when they do arise. Airing July 17 at 1:00 p.m. (EST)
P.S. - Not feeling Government Contracting this month? Check out this program instead:
- A Perfect Storm: The Intersection of Fake News, Celebrity Endorsements & Social Media. The term “fake news” has become a part of the common vernacular, but what is it and how do we spot it? This fascinating program will address those questions and more. Learn how to identify fake news, recognize its implications, and examine steps you can take to minimize its potential damage in the world of social media, where news moves at lightning speed. Airing July 24 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)