Take a break from the summer heat with Lawline’s fresh lineup of programs. Lawline’s July CLE will help you stay up-to-date on the latest legal developments in areas such as Government Contracting and Financial Services.
Don’t worry if you can’t make a live webcast - all of our courses go on demand within 48 hours after airing (and you can check them out with our free trial)!
- Website Terms and Conditions: One Size Does Not Fit All Territories (Update). We may all be guilty of skipping over them, but terms and conditions are a crucial part of any website. This program will analyze standard website terms and conditions, explain why different policies are needed across territories, and review the effects of the GDPR, the upcoming California Consumer Privacy Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act on terms and conditions rules and regulations. Airing Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. (EST)
- Leveling The Playing Field: Addressing Gender Equity and Negotiation Strategies. The pay gap between men and women has been a hot topic of discussion in recent years, and this program takes a practical approach to the issue within the legal profession, offering skills to help avoid the pay gap, and strategies to promote leadership and professional development. Airing Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. (EST)
- Utilizing Your Best Efforts to Achieve Diversity in Government Contracting. Many government entities have laws, policies, and goals in place that require diversity as part of the procurement process. This program speaks to these requirements and helps attorneys develop compliance strategies for their clients. Airing Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- Financial Services Part I: Strategies for Avoiding Workplace Violence in the Financial Services Industry. In Part I of this special four-part Financial Services curriculum, attorneys will review common myths regarding workplace violence, employer obligations in providing a safe environment, and strategies to prevent workplace violence. Airing Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- The 5-Step Test for Disability Income Through the Social Security Administration. Attorneys should be able to assist clients with work-related injuries and disabling conditions, regardless of their areas of practice. This program will help non-Social Security attorneys become more familiar with the five-step Sequential Evaluation Process for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) & Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Airing Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. (EST)