In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Florida Bar extended CLE reporting deadlines for those due in February, March, April, May, June, and July of 2020 to August 31, 2020. So, whether you need some last-minute credits before your upcoming deadline or just want to stay up-to-date on the latest legal developments, check out the top CLE your Florida colleagues are watching right now:
- Avoiding Cyberspace Danger Zones: The Ethics of Attorney Advertising. New technologies and regulations are constantly changing attorneys’ use of the internet. This program covers ABA Model Rules 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 in relation to an attorney’s ability to advertise, solicit, and communicate to the public about their services.
- Wearable Technology: Key Legal Implications.The rising popularity of wearable technology such as smartwatches and Google Glasses has caused a number of privacy concerns. This program will cover privacy, labor, and intellectual property issues that have arisen as a result of wearable technology, and the effects of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation on tech companies.
- A Great Lawyer Must Be a Great Negotiator: Skills for You to Be the Best Negotiator in the Room. Brush up on your negotiating skills with this program, which walks practitioners through successfully approaching a negotiation, listening during a negotiation, and incorporating technology to further the negotiation process.
- Beyond the Trash Bin: Proper Disposal of Electronic Data. When electronic data stored by organizations becomes obsolete or inaccessible, it becomes a liability. This program walks attorneys through properly disposing of old data in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act and the GDPR.
- Attorney Professionalism: Complying With Professional Norms When Faced With Challenges. This program explores unsuspected ethical pitfalls that attorneys and firms can face, including common mistakes in interacting with adversaries, and inconsistencies between client’s and lawyer’s terms of engagement.
Nothing catching your eye? Check out our catalog of 150+ Florida-accredited programs, which you can try out with our free trial.