Lawline Heats Up This August: Students with Special Needs, The Aging Attorney Population, and Incident Response Plans
It’s the dog days of summer - stay inside and stay cool with the newest Lawline programs. The August lineup includes programs that tackle issues like handling the representation of students with special needs, school discipline, the aging attorney population, insurance issues in aviation, and cybersecurity incident response plans.
Check out these highlights for the month. Can’t make a webcast date? All our courses go on demand within 48 hours (where you can check them out with our free trial).
- Current Issues in Representing Students with Special Needs. Understand the variety of services available for the special needs student under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (“IDEA”) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Zealously represent special needs school children in obtaining these services with this informative program. Airing August 13 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- School Discipline: The Legal Challenges and Practical Concerns. Schools are no longer limited to disciplining students for actions occurring on school grounds or at school activities. Discipline can be implemented for actions in the community, both in person and through electronic communication. Identify the difficulties that every school, whether small or large - and whether rural, suburban or urban - faces with legally imposing student discipline. Airing August 13 at 2:30 p.m. (EST)
- Shades of Gray: Perspectives on Aging Attorneys. Have you heard of the “Senior Tsunami” - the wave of attorneys reaching retirement age and beyond? Cover the challenges faced by the profession with an aging - and often cognitively impaired - population in this program, including how to respond when an attorney begins to exhibit signs of cognitive impairment and your ethical responsibilities to the firm, clients, and the lawyer in question. Airing August 14 at 1:30 p.m. (EST)
- An Exclusion G Discussion: Aircraft Exposure and the Aviation CGL. The Aviation CGL Policy is a common and important insurance form utilized throughout the aviation insurance market. Procured by all different types of aviation entities, from FBOs to maintenance shops to aircraft charter operators, it is truly an omnipresent policy throughout the aviation field. Join an in-house aviation insurance counsel and an aviation underwriter for this lively and informative discussion designed to help aviation insurance attorneys and professionals of all kinds master a crucial and pervasive topic in aerospace. Airing August 20 at 2:30 p.m. (EST)
- The Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan 101: Terms of Art and Actions. An incident response plan lays out how a firm will deal with a cybersecurity event or breach. This type of plan is important to understand, as nearly all cybersecurity rules and regulations require one. Break down applicable language and terminology and explore the components of such a plan with this introductory program. Airing August 27 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)