May Brings A Myriad of New Programming: IP for Non-IP Lawyers, Discharging Student Loan Debt, and More
May is finally here, along with so many exciting things to celebrate… warm weather (hopefully!), Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, and more. Plus, Lawline welcomes a full lineup of new and diverse CLE programming this spring. With topics ranging from intellectual property fundamentals to insurance coverage for phishing attacks, there’s something for everyone.
Check out these highlights for the month. Can’t make the live webcast? All our courses go on demand within 48 hours.
- Intellectual Property Basics for Non-IP Lawyers. Questions of intellectual property arise in various contexts, even for those who don’t practice IP law. Grasp the basics of IP law in order to spot issues when communicating with your clients. You’ll also learn what questions you should be asking your clients, how to best advise them moving forward, and even gain tips on how to begin your own IP practice. Airing May 3 at 3 p.m. (EST)
- The Restaurant Industry: Labor & Employment Litigation Du Jour. Employers in the restaurant industry must comply with federal, state, and local wage statutes, anti-discrimination laws, federal and state labor laws, and more. Sometimes, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest legal developments. This program provides a helpful overview of the latest labor and employment litigation in the restaurant industry, and examine what lessons your clients can learn from the recent rulings. Airing May 7 at 11:30 a.m. (EST)
- Mediation for Plaintiffs in Personal Injury Cases. Representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases can be particularly complex. Discuss common issues that arise in personal injury litigation, learn when to mediate (and when not to), and know what to look for when choosing an effective mediator. The program will also provide practical tips for navigating the negotiation process and obtaining the best outcome for your client. Airing May 10 at 12:30 p.m. (EST)
- Discharging Student Loan Debt in Bankruptcy. Thought discharging student loan debt was impossible? Not so fast! This program will walk you through how student loans are treated in bankruptcy proceedings. Learn how to file the initial proceeding, meet the pleading requirements, navigate the discovery process, prove undue hardship, and more. Airing May 17 at 1:00 p.m. (EST)
- Gone Fishin' - Insurance Coverage for Phishing Attacks. In a world where cyber attacks are increasingly common, acquiring adequate cyber insurance is more important than ever. Unfortunately, the cyber insurance market lacks uniformity and sifting through various policies and coverage options can become confusing and overwhelming. Tune in to acquire the tools you need to purchase the proper coverage and avoid typical insurance traps. Airing May 22 at 2:30 p.m. (EST)