The rush of the holidays may be over, but with a fast-approaching CLE deadline, the pressure is still on for many California attorneys. If it’s the third year of your reporting cycle (that is, attorneys whose last names start with the letters H through M), you must complete your CLE requirement by January 31, 2021.
If you’re feeling stressed about the looming deadline, don’t worry. You can complete your entire requirement through Lawline, and we have a variety of courses for you to choose from. To make things easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the top five most popular courses in California:
- "Virtual Currency" in a Real Tax World: Tax Implications for Buying, Selling, and Using Virtual Currencies. The rise in popularity of virtual currency such as Bitcoin has invited increased IRS scrutiny of taxpayers that engage in these types of virtual transactions. This program offers tax advisors advice on how to address the various guidance on virtual currency that has been issued by the IRS in order to best guide their clients.
- 20 Practice Tips to Wow Your SmallBiz Clients. This program will teach attorneys the small business issues they need to know to help start-ups become successful businesses, including specific legal tools that will “wow” their small business clients.
- Steps to Eliminate Bias in the Legal Profession. In this riveting program, Laurie Besden shares her compelling personal story of overcoming drug addiction, addresses the prevalence of substance use and mental health disorders in the U.S. legal industry and provides information on how to identify and help attorneys in distress due to substance use and mental health disorders.
- An Attorney's Practical Guide to the Hiring, Management, and Termination of Employees. Need to stay up-to-date on the latest employment laws? This program walks employers through their obligations at every stage of the employment process through discussions of topics such job posting requirements, background checks, I-9 compliance, ensuring employee productivity, employee termination, and more.
- Ethical & Professional Responsibility Traps Waiting for Corporate Counsel. In-house lawyers face some of the most complex and challenging ethical issues that exist, and often there are no clear or definitive answers on how to address them. This program will discuss a broad array of these ethical issues, how to identify them early on, and what practical steps can be taken to avoid these ethical potholes.
Want more options? Check out our catalog of 1,500+ California-accredited courses. Happy viewing!
- Amid Disaster, Clients & Lawyers Align on Priorities: Top 5 Takeaways from the 2020 CLIO Legal Trends Report
- Defining the Rules: California Competence Issues
- Defining the Rules: California Elimination of Bias
This article was originally published on January 21, 2020