As the summer continues to heat up, so does Lawline’s studio. This August we’re bringing you curriculums covering Aviation Law and Data Breach and Privacy, and topics such as online defamation, parent-child separation, and client trauma. Check out some August webcasts below.
- An Attorney’s Guide to Online Defamation and Website Removal. This program will cover the laws governing defamatory statements, including First Amendment issues and the Communications Decency Act, filing suit for defamatory conduct, cease and desist letters, anti-SLAPP laws, discovery exceptions, and more. Airing Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- What Family, Criminal & Immigration Attorneys Need to Know About Parent-Child Separation. Children are separated from their parents for a multitude of reasons, such as foster care, parental incarceration, parental illness, military deployments, and recently, migrating to the United States. These issues force many families into the legal system in which they face hardships such as alternative parenting plans and immigration issues. This program blends law and science to help attorneys represent children impacted by various forms of parent-child separation. Airing Monday, August 19, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. (EST)
- Complex Trauma in Criminal Mitigation: Conceptualizing Harm Through a Developmental Perspective. This program will inform attorneys of approaches to better understand trauma and harm that clients have suffered in childhood. Additionally, the program will cover how abuse and neglect are assessed in psychosocial evaluations and psychopathology. Airing Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. (EST)
If you can’t attend a live webcast, don’t worry! All of our courses go on-demand within 48 hours after airing (and you can check them out with our free trial). Here are some featured programs that were recently added to our catalog:
- Drafting, Negotiating, and Reviewing Commercial and Residential Lease Agreements. Encountering a lease agreement in any situation can be intimidating, but this program eases the process by analyzing necessary terms that should be included in these agreements and providing guidance for practitioners representing residential and commercial landlords and tenants. Originally aired on July 9, 2019
- 2019 Update on Federal Criminal Litigation & Legislation. This recent program provides an overview of recently enacted federal criminal statutes and significant Supreme Court, Federal Circuit Court, and State Supreme Court decisions in criminal cases. Originally aired on July 11, 2019
- Financial Services Part II: Sexual Harassment & What Employers Should Do About #MeToo. This program can be watched as part of our special four-part Financial Services curriculum, but is also powerful and informative on its own. It covers the effects of the #MeToo movement specifically within the financial services industry and teaches employers how to prevent harassment in the workplace, train employees in compliance with the law, and respond to employee complaints. Originally aired on July 18, 2019